Did you know? The top three days of the year for home candle fires are Christmas, New Year’s Day, and New Year's Eve. Stay safe this holiday season with these home safety tips:
- Only use decorations that are flame-retardant or not flammable.
- Check holiday lights each year for frayed wires or excessive wear.
- Don't link more than three strands of holiday lights.
- Never leave a burning candle unattended. Consider using battery-operated flameless candles.
- Water your live Christmas tree daily and keep it away from heat sources and room exits.
Decorating is one of the best ways to get in a holiday mood, but emergency rooms see thousands of injuries involving holiday decorating every season. Be safe this holiday season!